Family

Family

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Here comes the Family!

August is always Family Reunion time around here. We are kicking off this first week with my Aunt Diane and some cousins (plus my Dad, or course) and then next week ALL my brothers and their dear companions come in for a big shin-dig at the Lake House!!
We took a quick stroll through the Wildlife Refuge on Sunday. Do you love the PJ's Morgan is wearing? You pick your battles.........especially during potty training.

Things are starting to brew on the tournament Will and I are hosting in November. The financing has come together nicely (all $10,000 of it!) and now it's time to prepare for the show! We will have the Top 12 Female players in the World right at our little club (and I even get to play with them too!!). Despite the ridiculous amount of hours this event takes to plan and run every year, this year, there is just a little more incentive to work on it. I am excited already!
And with that excitement, I am burying myself in my work outs these days. While I never expect myself to play my best at my own event (WAY too many things going on in the brain), I do want to walk on the court (amongst the PRO'S) in November feeling like I've TRAINED and PREPARED to play my best. What can I say? I've always been the kid in the drive way shooting the basketball on a fade away shot at the buzzer........and the crowd goes wild!

I dream big. My husband loves it.

2 comments:

The Woolf Pack said...

Good luck with your tournament!

Unknown said...

"... and the crowd goes wild!"

(All of the kids screaming for breakfast!)

It's okay... your priorities and timing are in the right order. Now your own kids are in the crowd rooting you on ... and it's even sweeter when you are that "close" to the crowd. Family really cares ... and remembers. Dad