SINCE Will was gone, I scheduled to host my annual Women's Only Racquetball Tournament "Queen of the Courts" this weekend as well (so that when he IS home, we can have 100% family time). It was a great success!
I can't explain how much fun it is for me to see women, from all backgrounds and all ages (topping at 73) come play racquetball for the weekend and laugh, and laugh and have the best time. Making staying "fit" fun through Racquetball for women in my area is something I hope to do over the years. Racquetball is such a great sport for that.
It was an extra special treat for me this year because two of my good friends, Tami and Dennese, participated in the event too......and loved it. My Racquetball world and friends, mixing with my church world and friends is a special treat for me. Especially as I competed in the Women's Open finals on Saturday afternoon. To have Dennese (who is my cross-training partner) watching, and hopefully seeing all our hard work translating on the court, was inspiring for me to play great ball.
My dear friends Polly and Dea. Friday night, after about 8 hours of play, we headed over to Izzy's (imagine that) and have a big banquet together, where I handed out awards to every lady and we again, laughed and laughed.
Some of these women came from Canada and Yakima. One actually drove 7 hours to come play. The strength of our Women's Program here in WA is amazing and we all try to not take it for granted. This weekend also served as another fundraiser for our efforts to bring in the Women's Professional Racquetball Tour in November to Olympia. We have to raise $10,000 and after this weekend, we are about at $8,000!!
After Will got home, we ditched Morgan for a little big kid date time and took Deaven and Peyton to the musical Seussical.
It was great and the kids LOVED it. They kept asking when they can start getting involved in Theater. They both love acting, dancing and making people laugh. Should be good times ahead!!
Speaking of times ahead.......We've got a Wasp nest right by our front door we just found. It's pretty huge already, and obviously has to go (which we are a little nervous about) BUT we have to admit it's a pretty amazing and beautiful creation. Anybody have any suggestions how to safely remove this with out having to fork out the bucks to have someone come in?
7 comments:
We had ours removed for free last year by Bee Man Exterminators 866-1834, so give him a call. That's the neatest nest btw - such cool patterns!
We have used a spray (from a home store)that shoots several feet, so you can stand back. Not sure how big of a nest it works for. I think it kills the wasps, then you could knock down the leftovers.
Hi Dear,
I rigged up my own anti-wasp suit by just covering the only remaining uncovered area (my face and neck) with nylon window screening and took the nest down myself. Definitely a "manning up" moment, because your Mom certainly wasn't going to do it, even though I told her that she found it. The wasps found a new home somewhere else. It all went fine and I had forgetten all about it, until just now.
The photo of your women's group at Izzy's says so much about what a good thing you are doing to coordinate this event. You go, girl!
Dad
Wowzers...good luck with that hornet's nest!
You're right though, it is pretty in it's own way.
I think what you do with racquetball is so amazing, that may be something I have to try once we are back up there.
Aaron pulled up your blog today because you always post amazing pictures of Ranier and sure enough you didn't disappoint him! He scrolled back and was reading and he stopped suddenly and yelled, "How could Cheyenne NOT be your hero?" I laughed, and we had a fabulous discussion about living life with passion. I love that you wanted the pro tour in Olympia and DID something. How many of us can say we have a dream and are consistently trying to achieve that goal--no matter what? Thanks for my cup of inspiration today!!
Crazy nest! It really is amazing!
Post a Comment