Last Thursday is was suppose to be almost 80 degrees despite being almost October. That is a rarity around here and so after school, the kids and I busted out to the lake house for one last hoorah!
My kids can never get enough play time in the water and especially at the lake house. One other perk: Grandpa Dunne happened to be there too!
Deaven loves to jump in and we have a series of crazy pictures of him doing so.
We took the kids over to Sandy Beach in the kayaks and played in the soft sand for awhile. It was nice to catch up with my Dad for a bit.
My kids are growing up fast and it's such a double edged sword. I have a love-hate relationship with that part of our lives. While they are getting to be so much fun as older children (and Will and I are reaping the benefits of not being in such a "high maintenance phase of our life), but I know I'm never getting back the days that have passed. I range between accepting that fact and total sheer panic about it. 
The lake is so peaceful late at night and early in the morning. We are very blessed to be able to enjoy it.
Grandpa helping teach the kids how to build a fire.
Of course, campfire time is some of the best memories we have at the lake. This night, they performed "scripture stories" and they were HYSTERICAL. Okay, maybe the scriptures are not suppose to be funny, but we were rolling with their little "additions" to them. However, I have to say that as I sat there, I was proud beyond belief of my kids. 1. They knew the stories shockingly well. 2. They have the type personalities that they are willing to perform and have fun in front of a crowd. 3. They always find a way to bridge the gap between their ages and genders and have a good time.
Mmmmm.......how I love my kiddos.
It was a good, good night.
This week we celebrate Deaven turning 10!! Crazy! This weekend is also the first Racquetball Tournament of the year that Will and I are going to compete in. We even might get a little time to ourselves.
2 comments:
The scriptures according to the campfire. What happens at the campfire, stays at the campfire. It's always worth coming back for more. It was a memorable night.
Grandpa
Im thinking about you today good luck! Happy bday Deaven. Ten....CRAZY
Post a Comment