It must be Saturday morning at the Hayes house!! Our busy schedule all week long doesn't leave any room for "video game" time for the kids (well, not much anyway), so Saturday morning is a big treat to them. They all LOVE the game Mindcraft (it's all the rage with their friends, too). I don't mind it because it's creative, non-violent and all three of them can play it together.
What I love best about this particular morning is that while they play their Mindcraft.....I get to snuggle in bed and play my own Mindcraft.....let me explain.....
I feel like I am constantly praying and thinking about whether I am being who I should be, spending time where I should, investing in the right places, keeping things balanced.....and on and on. There are SO MANY things tugging at me for my attention. Everything thing from the piles of laundry and making kids lunches......to the gym I work for wanting me to get trained as a Personal Trainer (which is something I DO want to do at some point) or competing on the Ladies Pro Racquetball Tour. Finding the right balance of personal pursuits, while knowing full well that I am in the most important stage of my Mothering Job presses on my mind constantly. Even knowing how to fill every hour of my day in a manner that would MOST benefit my family causes me stress. I feel like there is a heavy burden on my shoulders sometimes to make the RIGHT decision and I truly believe that Satan often attacks at the heart of the home, the Mother. I must be vigilant.
I came across this quote the other day that I LOVED. It's said by Brigham Young to one of his daughters:
"Daughter, use all your gifts to build up righteousness in
the earth. Never use them to acquire name or fame. Never rob your home, nor
your children. If you were to become the greatest woman in this world, and your
name should be known in every land and clime, and you would fail in your duty
as wife and mother, you would wake up on the morning of the first resurrection
and find you had failed in everything; but anything you can do after you have
satisfied the claims of husband and family will redound to your own honor and
to the glory of God."
-Brigham Young,
to his daughter
This really spoke to my heart. It reminded me that I am doing exactly what I should be doing......keeping my family first and fulfilling their needs, but also reminded me to keep the fire burning on the other special gifts and talents the Lord has given me, so that someday, when the time is right, I might be of use to others as well, and especially to Him.
So, while my kids were downstairs playing Mindcraft, I was snuggled in bed, with some books and scriptures, planning a Family Home Evening for my kids, hoping to teach them another principle that might bring them closer to Christ, find more joy in their lives and ultimately be better human beings. And as I chose to use my morning for this, I felt the Spirit pour into me with ideas and thoughts.....so much so that I could hardly keep up. My own Mindcraft.
My testimony was strengthened that if we do what we are suppose to being doing, the Lord will be in complete partnership with us....to magnify us. Sometimes I feel like ALL I bring to that partnership is WILLINGNESS and He has to provide ALL the wisdom, patience, understanding, compassion.......well, everything else. But, for some reason, that seems just as it should be, and I just to hold on for the ride.
Here's to Motherhood. Here's to being a wife. Here's to being a woman.
I love my job.
Cheyenne
No comments:
Post a Comment