Will and I got to take a night out to go attend the Valley Athletic Club Employee Christmas party. It was a beautiful night, with amazing food and fun dancing. I have been working at the Valley for a little less than 2 years and many of the other employees (and owners, Dan and Wendy) have become good friends. Will is there all the time as well to work out, and our kids for different activities. We just love it there and it's a huge part of our life. They have been very good to me as an employee and I continue to just set my own hours and work whenever I want to. Such a blessing.....
A word regarding our marriage.....We are in the 14th year of marriage, and we love each other more than ever. We still make mistakes, do stupid stuff and fight off selfish desires, but ultimately, we are best friends, who know each other like no one else can, or should. I, personally, after years of praying for direction in how to be a better Mother, have received multiple promptings that what I could do more than anything else is to simply focus on being a better wife. My kids will benefit far more from us being crazy in love, working as a team to improve this family, rather than me trying to pull off some masterful Motherhood moment on my own. So, operation marriage is back on the table for 2014. I love to date my husband. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment