Deaven had a special treat this past weekend and went out to the Lake House for a "Birthday Weekend" with Grandpa.
Lots of memorable moments for Deaven, like finding ice on the windshield of the boat (and still watching Grandpa wake board that same day)!
Lots and lots of ping pong! And lots of scouting talks.
But the most memorable for both Deaven and Grandpa was playing chess by the campfire at night. Deaven keeps telling me, "I got Grandpa's queen, twice"!!
Uncle Taylor was also around part of the weekend and brought Deaven this incredible book about planes. It is SO COOL! Deaven LOVES this kind of stuff.It was cute to see the connection Deaven and Grandpa made; there was just something a little different in the way Deaven hugged him last night when it was time to leave. Thank you Dad, for being such a great influence in Deaven's (and all our children's) lives. It means so much to us!
As for the rest of the Hayes Herd, we spent the weekend at the first Racquetball Tournament of the year for us. Will and I both had moments of greatness......and then not so great. But we had lots of fun and enjoyed spending time with the friends we have made through the sport. I was particularly aware of how my triathlon training has really helped my game! Yea!!
3 comments:
I really need to come and see you guys play raquetball. That was something I wanted to do before we moved and didn't get to. That is always fun to have grandparents connect with grandkids in such a special way. Looks cold!
You guys seriously have WAY too much fun all the time!!
Its always so inspiring to come to your website because you really paint the picture of the fun of having a family that I'm looking forward to!!
xoxo
looks like Deaven had a great weekend w/Grandpa - already 8 yrs old! time flies :)
Post a Comment