Since we have been married, Will has frequently attended spin classes and encouraged me to try them out. I never tried one because, let's face it, even 10 minutes on a bike and I was "saddle sore" (which Peyton affectionately named her Mama Mia yesterday!!). But to do the Triathlon this year, I had to get passed that...and to my shock, I DID get passed it. It does get better!! And so I thought I'd try spinning for a good winter activity and can I just say that I LOVE IT!! I have a REALLY short attention span when it comes to working out. (In high school, I had a coach that told me I could be state champ if I would just ran the 800 meters, to which I replied, "Isn't that TWICE around the track". So I happily became a some what average 400 meter runner-but only had to go once around the track! Stupid.) Anyway, spinning holds my attention, is a ROCKIN' work out and I LOVE to work out to music. Especially when you are using that beat to push yourself. So from one that waited 10 years longer than necessary....TRY IT!!Family
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Will was right all along.....
Since we have been married, Will has frequently attended spin classes and encouraged me to try them out. I never tried one because, let's face it, even 10 minutes on a bike and I was "saddle sore" (which Peyton affectionately named her Mama Mia yesterday!!). But to do the Triathlon this year, I had to get passed that...and to my shock, I DID get passed it. It does get better!! And so I thought I'd try spinning for a good winter activity and can I just say that I LOVE IT!! I have a REALLY short attention span when it comes to working out. (In high school, I had a coach that told me I could be state champ if I would just ran the 800 meters, to which I replied, "Isn't that TWICE around the track". So I happily became a some what average 400 meter runner-but only had to go once around the track! Stupid.) Anyway, spinning holds my attention, is a ROCKIN' work out and I LOVE to work out to music. Especially when you are using that beat to push yourself. So from one that waited 10 years longer than necessary....TRY IT!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Thanks for friday!
carrie.hare@gmail.com
Whatever dude!!! :) That class kicks butt, I'm a wuss.
Nice, I have been dying to try it, but my gym here doesn't offer it. Your girls are seriously cute, no doubt about it!
Ugghh. I hate spinning. I know what you mean but for me... the part somewhere in the middle of the class where I start wishing I were dead-pretty much keeps me on the crosstrainer. I lie. I am not doing any sort of activity these days. Unless you can count the 26 flights of stairs I have walked down TWICE since starting at work and being evacuated from the biulding???
Spinning has always been a favorite of mine. At the gym I go to, the teacher turns the lights out and BLASTS the music. I seriously love it.
Oooee, now I want to take a spin class...though I might need to wait a while. Such cute kids!
Post a Comment