I had the best weekend!! I went with some of my dearest friends in the world, Bonnie, Dennese and Dea to Time Out For Women in Portland. This is my third year and I love it!!
We went down and stayed the night, had a birthday dinner for Bonnie at Red Robin, and hit the Friday night session.
Bonnie rocking her birthday treat!
These girls are responsible for getting me through my week on a regular basis....serious. I love them dearly!
.....and they let me hang out with them sometimes too. The sessions of conference were AMAZING! I took so much away, but here are just a few one liners that hit me particularly......"Listen patiently to the less patient"
"It's not important to look good. It's important to BE good"
"Just as core muscles support your whole physical frame, we need to strengthen the core of our family"
"We run homes with a bunch of little free agents running around"
"The Gospel of Jesus Christ is not insurance against pain. It is a resource in the event of pain"
"Live in the trenches. That is where the work of the Lord is being done"
"Always listen with your third ear, the spiritual one"
"We need to make sure we are making deposits into our spouses RIGHT account....the one THEY draw from to feel love from you"
"The Holy Ghost has great ideas"
GETTING TO ATTEND TIME OUT FOR WOMEN WITH 3 OF YOUR CLOSET FRIENDS.....$55
GETTING TO HAVE A SLEEPOVER WITH GIRLFRIENDS AT THE AGE OF 29.....$20
EATING DINNER OUT AND NOT RUSHING TO PREVENT YOUR KIDS FROM EXPLODING.....$12
SEEING THE LOOK ON THE STARBUCK EMPLOYEES FACES AS 20 WOMEN LINED UP OUT THE DOOR, NONE OF WHICH WANTING TO ORDER A DRINK.......PRICELESS!
7 comments:
I had such an awesome time too. Thanks for putting the whole thing together! You are such an awesome note taker...I love hearing what was important to you...some of the same things as me, and then others that totally went over my head. But oh, what DAMAGE this weekend did!
So fun for you girls. Looks like you all had a blast!! :)
Sounds like a fun time. But that's too bad about Starbucks. They have amazing carmel apple cider!
Women need women, no doubt! There is definitely something being together and feeling the spirit together. Not only does it strengthen your personally testimony but adds a whole new dimension to your friendship. I'm not going to lie though, I'm TOTALLY jealous!!
How fun! I hope you guys get to keep the tradition forever! Everyone needs a little time out now and again.
Hey Cheyenne! So glad you found our blog. It has been forever! I can't believe how big your kids are. Hope you guys are doing well...it'll be fun to keep tabs on you guys. Mark will get a kick out of seeing what you've been up to.
Looks like you all had a great time!
Post a Comment