
But holy cow!! It's hot! I love it hot, but I'm a 85 degree kind of girl. This 95-100 is a little much for the kids. Of course, this just happened to be the week the kids are in camps too, which adds to the fun. Deaven is doing Tennis Camp and is enjoying that. Luckily it's from 9 am-noon, but it's outside.

Peyton is doing gymnastics camp and is SO excited!!

Morgan is finding her own ways to cool off.....which apparently is easier when you are little.

Last night, this is what the thermostat said when I was starting to put the kids to bed. We have no AC, except a wall unit in our Master Bedroom. (yes, the clock is wrong on the thermostat. I don't put my kids to bed a 6:48pm, though I would if I could.)

So tonight we have a new plan. We are heading to the lake for the evening, change into pj's and head home late in the cool van. Then I've pulled the kids matresses into our room and we will have a family camp out.

Seriously, with all this weather, I keep thinking of one thing. My brother and sister in law are coming in August and the last few years while they have been here the weather has been cruddy. This WHOLE summer has been amazing so far and if it craps out again for them next month, I'm gonna cry!
5 comments:
Maybe we're getting the 'hot' crazy weather out of the way now so it will be awesome when your brother and sis-in-law get here! I love the campout inside tactic!
Well I appreciate the concern for us as we quickly approach the time of our vist. We are super excited to see family regardless of the whether. But we have 90+ weather amplyfied by humidity so much of the year here in NC, that I usually don't mind the balmy 60-65 degree August nights in the NW. It gives me an excuse to pull out a trusty old fleece that I haven't worn since I left the West. If you keep it around 85 that would be a good compromise.
We've been 105-107 the last few days. I can't really complain though, we have AC...so I avoid leaving my house. Have fun at the lake and with your family sleepover!
I wish we had a wall unit in our bedroom. Maybe i will head to the store and get one.... Our house was 90 when we put the wee ones to bed last night.... YUCK. Hopefully Oregon will turn back into Oregon soon. I would love a perfect 78 degrees. I will also take some good old rain.
That is hot!!! I wish it would get a little warmer here in Ann Arbor. I am sick of the rain. But I seriously love the heat. You are a fun mom to have a camp out. I think I might make everyone suffer. :)
Post a Comment