Family

Family

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Our weekend

I don't know what it is about this picture, but it makes me smile on the inside. It's just so Morgan. Head in hands, totally pink and rain boots. She is such a miniature person. I love it!

The weather this weekend was very mild again, and so we headed down to Boston Harbor Marina, one of our family favorites. It's about 8 minutes from our house, right on the water, and with a total "small town" feel. Candy for sale for $.05, fresh fish for sale, Kayaks for rent and lots of beautiful scenery!
A seal was there, wanting us to feed him. Apparently his name is Bark-Bark.
He hung around for a long time, but we are not suppose to feed him........so we didn't.
Morgan loves it on the dock, but really had to muster up some courage every time there was too much of a gap between the planks. She would start breathing heavy and fidgeting, until one of us would help her JUMP over it.
At low tide, you can see all kinds of star fish and jelly fish. The kids love to look for them.
Then we hit a new family favorite spot on the way back, Boston Harbor Elementary, which just has a fun playground in a really quiet, peaceful setting.
Morgan, despite being three, is still really petite. She fit just perfectly in this mail box!!

Morgan got a hold of the camera last night and took this picture of Will and I laying on the couch together. Just one TINY finger in the way.

This time of year, the deer come out in full force around our house. When I went out to get the mail yesterday, there were four of them, just eating away. When I walked to the other side to get my mail, they seemed very uninterested in me.
And just have to say that I love my kids. Not always..........but today, after we did homework, they stayed at the table for almost 2 hours just drawing and writing books. I have always been impressed with the way my kids can entertain themselves, but I am SO grateful when they CHOOSE to apply that talent.
Just a quick video for Grandma of Morgan calling to Bark-Bark, the seal.

re,

5 comments:

5Youngers said...

Such a fun post. You have some amazing things to do in such close proximity. Jealous!

Natalie said...

Absolutely blissful. Loved every word of this post. :) When we come home we'll have to get our kids together to go do some fun stuff.

Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Woolf Pack said...

What a beautiful day, those are many of the reasons we miss the northwest.

neecy said...

Loving your new song on the playlist. I can't help but smile at Morgan's boots. So many precious memories wrapped up in a pair of pink shoes.