Family

Family

Sunday, April 25, 2010

This is powerful to me

This powerful talk from one of our Church leaders conveys very eloquently the feelings of my heart.

While many outside the church use Joseph Smith and The Book of Mormon for reasons to not embrace the Gospel's message, I could never deny what I know to be true.

Because of this man, and this book, my life in anchored, joyful and peaceful. The Book of Mormon truly is another testimony of Jesus Christ.

How could that not be a beautiful thing?



Don't forget to PAUSE my player.




3 comments:

Jana said...

THANK YOU!!!!! I missed church today because of a sick baby and that was exactly what I needed. I always know I can turn to your blog for inspiration. Love you!

Hillary said...

No doubt the most powerful sermon I've ever heard. I'll never forget that day, he spoke with such power, something I could never deny either. Thank you for the reminder.

I'm headed to Women's Conference this week at BYU and wish you were coming with me. I love your passion for the gospel and am completely inspired that you do way more talk, you ACT, and I love you for it!

JLD said...

Yes, it is true. Elder Holland is wonderful. I'm currently reading the 1957 Melchezidek Priesthood Manual, written by Hugh Nibley, and it pretty well eliminates any doubt that the Book of Mormon could have been made up by Joseph Smith. All of the desert imagery and cultural traits of Lehi's Bedouin life, are wholly consistent in every detail, yet, were unknown in 1830 in the Western world. Dad