Family

Family

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Mt. Rainer Drive

My brother Taylor is visiting for a few days to get a "kids fix" but I think what he is really getting is some heavy doses of birth control. My kids are still a little off kilter.......not sure what's going on.

Yesterday, Taylor and I took Morgan and Kelton up to Mt. Rainer for a little visit. These two are so cute together!!
It was cloudy in town, and the clouds we suppose to burn off, but we weren't sure if the timing was going to work out. Obviously, it did perfectly!

The kids loved most getting to play in snow patches. Funny though, because it seriously was like 85 degree on the mountain.

I can never get enough of the beauty of Mt. Rainer. I love that we have BIG mountains in the NW. They are amazing to me.
And I definitely can't say enough about how much I love my brother Taylor. We have always been close. We've got a lot of history together. Being with him is like being with a best friend from you childhood. It's often funny to us how much we are alike......and then we remember we are brother and sister. Love you Taylor!
Will's gone this week for Scout High Adventure. They are on a 56 mile canoe trip on Ross Lake in northern Washington. I hope he's having a great time. The other leaders are some of his best friends, but 56 miles is a lot to bite off in a canoe. I think there will be some stories to tell when they get back (and hopefully so great pictures).

3 comments:

JLD said...

What more could I ask for two of my children? .... than to be there with them. Yes, I miss such moments on the mountain, and else where, but love knowing that you are not missing them.
Dad

Katie said...

Wowzers....what beautiful pictures!

neecy said...

Those two kids are already like an old married couple. Hand on the knee? We might need to start keeping them a 'quads' distance apart. Kelton did a really cute reenactment of you swatting and yelling at the mosquitos.