Every few years we bite the bullet and fork it out for some GOOD family pictures, and this year I was excited to try someone I've had my eye on for several years, Deyla Huss. It seems she works magic. She is still working on the over 200+ she shot of our family, but she sent me a few "sneak peeks" last night and I just had to share this one of Morgan. I absolutely love it. And if you would have seen Morgan the day of the pictures, you would be as shocked as I am that she captured this.
I will definitely post some more when I get them, but I had to give Deyla some love on this blog. You can check out her blog here.
Oh, one more thing. I am buckling down this year and "officially" giving my children piano lessons. I have struggled with this because I don't really know how to go about it. I've played the piano myself for 25+ years and love it, but I didn't take lessons for very long when I was a kid and eventually I just picked up the theory by......well, I'm not sure how. Maybe through singing?? Actually, to tell you the truth, my theory sucks. I just LOVE to play and the emotions of it.Anyway, I would LOVE to hear if any of you have taught your kids or if your kids take from someone else, can you tell me anything you know that has worked for your kids? Help!
3 comments:
Morgan is adorable. Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures.
On the piano lessons theme - obviously Avery and Elliot don't take lessons yet but I know a couple piano teachers who make a point of having their kids take from other people rather than trying to teach them themselves. They say the kids do better taking from someone else :)
So i've both taught other kids and taught my oldest (7 how to play the piano). It's easier to teach someone else's kids than your own.
My daughter likes to whine during lessons and I have to constantly remind her to pretend I am her school teacher because obviously she doesn't whine to her teacher at school. I've even had her gather her books and then knock on the front door to role play going to a "real" piano teacher. It helped some.
if you don't want to pay for lessons you could maybe trade with another piano teacher and teach each other's kids or trade for babysitting hours.
If you have more questions you can email me. daishajohnson@gmail
Darling pics of Morgan!
Oh, she is beauuuuuuutiful!!!! Runs in the family, obviously. Money well spent. :)
Post a Comment