The snow is almost melted, but the rains came.....and came......and Western Washington is flooding again, just like the severe flood just over a year ago. I-5 is closed just south of us for 20 miles. They think it will be closed through the weekend. Fun part for us.......no food deliveries for the restaurant. Hmm...........
This is actually a picture from last year's flood of I-5. I'm sure there will be new ones available soon. We count our blessings though. Our house is fine, and the restaurant itself is not flooded. Some of our friends weren't quite so lucky. Many of the towns around us are on "Boil Water" orders. I'm sure the church will be organizing groups to volunteer to help again. The church is amazing about that. God Bless those families losing so much during this time.The video below is one of the parks we like to go to (the salmon spawning one I posted earlier). This is normally a nice little waterfall. Today, CRAZY!! All the walkways around the falls are getting covered in water.
5 comments:
That is crazy! I have a couple of friends that had to evacuate because of the floods. So glad to hear that your house and the restaurant are ok. This winter has definitely had the wackiest weather!
Unbelievable...So what happens? Do you have to close the restaurant?
I love all of your memories. You inspire me with journaling. I'm lousy in that department!
Hello! ;) Tell Will I miss him. My jokes are missing a butt. Love ya, girl!
Weather in the northwest can be crazy! Hopefully things will dry up quickly and return to somewhat normal. We will send our dry weather your way!
wow. that is a lot of water. when we drove up to Salem for New Year's, the rivers were fuller and fuller the further north we went. hope things dry out soon!
Post a Comment