We had a nice, but quiet weekend. Though waltzing around Coscto on a Saturday afternoon as a family, picking up some extra treats for the Superbowl made Will a very happy man. The kids and I were piled on the couch here playing Mad Libs.
Nothing like cupcake spinkles on your cereal in the morning. Luckily, she is content to use it like a rattle.
Just thought this was a sweet picture of Deaven and Peyton....still working on Mad Libs.
We have been really proud of the kids with their school work lately. Deaven set a personal goal to read of 200 minutes last week, and did it. And Peyton gets to have a treat with the Principle on Thursday for good behavior, completed homework and no attendance issues for a month (of cours, parents get to come because we are 90% responsible for making that happen).Quick Quote.....I taught a lesson at church on Sunday that had to do with adversity and how we react to it. This has been a common theme lately in the lessons I have been asked to teach. I think many are struggling with lots of different things, many compounded by the economy as well. Anyway, here was a quote I found that I thought was really great:
"So much of life's curriculum, therefore, consists of efforts by the Lord to get and keep our attention. Ironically, the stimuli He uses are often that which is seen by us as something to endure. Sometimes what we are actually being asked to endure is His "help". Help to draw us away from the cares of the world; help to draw us away from self-centeredness; attention-getting help when we have ignored the still small voice; help in the shaping of our soulds; and help to keep promises we made so long ago".
-Neal A. Maxwell
The video below is really not all the exciting....to anyone that's not a Grandma who dearly misses her grandchildren. Barney is an important part of Morgan's life....and buys me a few extra minutes of work on the computer in the mornings.....
3 comments:
Your kiddos are so cute. I love the couch cuddle pic with you.
Cute pictures and I loved that quote!
WOW! How did I miss that quote on Sunday? Maybe while I was out with Lori? That speaks VOLUMES to my heart. I'm totally going to steal that one and post it on my blog - hope you don't mind?
What a great goal to set - way to go Deaven!
We love Mad Libs at our house, too!
Post a Comment