The parenting battle over dinner time continues in this house. Morgan has been our worst eater and that's not the only problem. Even if I give her something she wants for dinner, she still tries to crawl all over the table. She wants to sit in one of our laps. I don't allow it unless she will at least eat what we are having off my plate, but Dad (who is at work all day) is a little softer. Don't you love that face of...."SEE Mom, DAD loves me!"
Little Miss Peyton before church on Sunday. She's got that "new dress" glow going. Love this sweetheart!
Last night, we put on some Children's Primary music (sounds corny, but I sweat to you, it works magic in this home) and had drawing time at the table. Morgan did good for about 20 minutes, but she then assumed her position on top of the table to supervise.
Here she is at work on top of the counters in the kitchen. She likes to be UP on stuff, can you tell? But she has also been a doll lately. So cute sometimes!! All three of our kids have worn this "Warning: I am Two" shirt, thanks to my Mom.
So my small step forward: With my knee injury, the last several months I have only been able to swim for a cardio work out. Love it once I'm in the middle of my work out, but.....seems like spandex and goggles should be banned in the winter. It's not always pretty. Yesterday, however, for the first time since October, I was able to STAY CLOTHED and got on the cross trainer for a few miles.....and it didn't bother my knee. This is HUGE!! I'm only at about 50% for my knee so far, and I think I have 6+/- months of recovery left, but I'll take this small step forward. Also, on Saturday, I actually pulled out my racquet and hit around a bit on the racquetball court. It was so nice, but also humbling to realize how far I still have to go to really play again.Anyway, enough about me......Have a great day! Blog to ya soon!
5 comments:
I love the picture at the sink - she's so adorable! I'm very glad my little climber only considers couches and chairs as viable options. I'm sure you've had lots of input on this, and our situation was a little different - Hazel's always been a great eater and was just continuously standing in her highchair. Our answer was to get a booster seat, and introduce the special big girl chair with its seatbelt. Never one to wear her highchair seatbelt, she never complains and proudly figured out how to clip the belt herself. I'm so glad that's one battle I don't have to fight - plenty of others! :)
Oh my goodness, Morgan is all over the place, isn't she? At least she is cute! I think it was that age when I decided to climb up high to steal a bottle of chewable tylenol. My brother and I ate 30 of them, like candy, before my mom caught us in our mischief. I have a feeling that I will be blessed one day with a little pill like myself. I suppose I will deserve it too...
I don't know how you could say no to Morgan, she is too cute. I need to get Mackenzie a Warning: I am three shirt.
I'm glad you are starting to feel better, there is nothing worse than an sports related injury. At least you are being patient, some people take even longer because they kept trying to ignore it. (um, that was me)
Morgan is so stink in cute. I love that you have that T-shirt. I totally needed one of those last year. I think I need 3's are worse than 2's shirt right now. Love your pics of your kids.
I was just wondering how you were doing with your knee. Way to go being patient while it's healing! Your kids are absolutely adorable! That Children's Primary Music works everytime around these parts, too! It's my 'ace in the hole'. I love how Morgan likes to perch on the table! I think she knows she's the last one, so she wants to make sure you live these kid days to the fullest! That's my theory anyway...
Post a Comment