Family

Family

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Will is back!

As I mentioned before, Will went to California with his Mom for his great-uncle's funeral, Bob Hatch. Good, good man and there were lots of great people there.
I was really grateful Will and his Mom has some one on one time, even if it wasn't for the greatest reason.
Of course I missed him dearly and was slightly envious of the nicer weather he enjoyed. It's been like a monsoon around here lately!
Will said the services were really nice and inspiring. I remember one funeral I went to of a good friends father who had passed tragically about 7 years ago. Though it was heart breaking, as I sat there listening to all the stories and memories, all I could think of was, "Wow, I want to be such a better person". That is how a funeral should be, I guess.
And talk about inspiring! Love this little number that Peyton drew of Will and I getting married. In Will's defense, his ears are perfectly normal in real life. :)

Funny story about Peyton.....the other day when it was raining really hard (take your pick which one), I walked into the garage with the kids to get in the car. After we opened the garage door, Peyton said, "Mom, that looks like Hell". As you can imagine, I was like, "What?!?!" Again, she said, "That looks like Hell". I'm thinking......yes, I TOTALLY agree, but wouldn't express that quite like that and I certainly didn't expect my 5 year old too. Then, I finally got it. "Oh, Peyton, do you mean it looks like hail"? "Yep!" Oh......... Too funny!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Funny as it sounds, one of my favorite trips home ever was for my Grandpa's funeral. Tons of extended family that I haven't seen in forever...and spending time with just my siblings...all the kiddos stayed home. It was just great. And on a sidenote...this weather does look like hell. Couldn't have said it better myself.

The Woolf Pack said...

California looked gorgeous.

Peyton's observation was funny, you really can go either way when it is constantly raining. :)

Momma Sarah said...

Yeah for Will to be home! Deepest sympathies for why he had to go.

I am so laughing about Peyton's comment! Kids say the darndest things, huh? Even when they get mixed up in 'translation'!