Who would ever have thought that a 20 lbs little girl would have the courage, strength and coordination to climb up on the toilet by herself, un-encouraged, to try to go potty! But this is what I found yesterday when I went upstairs for a "it's all too quiet" check. It is so funny watching her climb up there......but it would not be appropriate for this blog! No actual deposits yet, which is fine by me. Training a kid that is not totally ready to be potty trained is parenting suicide if you ask me. Regardless, when I saw this yesterday and realized that once she IS trained, we will never have to buy another Costco box of diapers, or CHANGE a diaper.....EVER....now that gave me chills.
Morgan in her snow boots....that she wears everywhere. Love them, especially because they have been through Carly and Malorie, daughters of some of my best friends. Too cute!
The kids are doing swim lessons for the month, which they LOVE. I think Peyton is crossing her eyes here, which is why she looks frumpy.
Their teachers have been INCREDIBLE with the kids.
And Morgan loves to watch from the Peanut Gallary. Amazingly, she doens't beg to swim too.Notice Deaven's out of control hair? Advice? Deaven has always sported the nice business man/missionary hair.....with a few spikes along the way. He's got great hair, but he is REALLY wanting to grow it out now. I'd be okay with that (I think) if he had the type hair that would lay down, but it doesn't. It just mushrooms out from his head and always looks like he just got out of bed. I have always just taken him to get it cut, no questions asked, but he is starting to get to the age that I think it's appropriate for him to start getting to make some decisions that aren't life altering. Will thinks this is a battle I should let him win for awhile, so that we can pull the parent card out later on the things that are really important. But girls, seriously, it PAINFUL to look at his head sometimes. As it stands now, I told him he could grow it out for the summer, but we will cut it for school.
Your thoughts? The pic at swimming is actually not too bad, but you should see it at other times. It's crazy!!
6 comments:
Too funny about the hair, I think I agree with Will choose your battles even though he make look hideous at times :) Your done with children is that what your getting at? You make such cute and adventurous children why stop now.....lol
Love summer swim lessons. Have fun with the whole hair issue.
I agree with letting him grow it out for the summer. We let Dakota pick his haircuts,as long as it is reasonable, no rat tails;).
The swim lessons look fun, where is that pool?
It's just hair. :)
The whole hair business.... exactly my story! Korean hair doesn't lay down or grow out well either. oh well.....
I hear ya on the hair thing! Dalton hasn't had a hair cut for a while (I can't remember the last time we cut it? March?) He's growing his out until right before his baptism and he wants my dad to cut it. He's getting into the 'longer' hair thing, too. It is just hair, right??? I just don't like sloppy.
BTW, Lori was just fine the next day. She keeps talking about her big day with 'my fren Morgan I luv her'. Sorry about the floor! Thanks again for having her over!
Post a Comment