Family

Family

Monday, March 8, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad!!

Today my Dad turns 58.....and you'd never guess it. He is healthy as a horse and as joyful as a kid. I could never fully express the anchor my father is in my life, but I can tell you that I love him dearly. He is a good friend and wonderful mentor. I love you Dad!
(running the Olympic torch in 2002 for the Salt Lake City games)


Saturday morning, Will and Deaven headed off to do a scout activity at Capitol Forest (packing in gravel for the trails). Then in the afternoon, Will and I went up to Seattle for a date......kind of. We hit REI to get a few things and then went to a friends house for a Texas Holdem' Tournament. Let me explain........
As I've mentioned before, I am working with a bunch of ladies to raise money to bring in the Women's Professional Racquetball Tour to my tournament this coming November. This takes some serious cash as these women fly in from all over the world. Anyway, one of the women helping me said she could run a Poker Tournament where everyone could donate X amount of dollars, but then we could play poker for fun. I told her that I thought it sounded like a great idea but that being Mormon (and feeling pretty strongly about straight up gambling), I would be of little help, since I understood nothing.
She took off with the idea and we ended up having 30 people, all wanting to support our cause, and had a great party.......and raised $700 in a few hours. Will and I had a ton of fun, once we understood how to play. I can see how people can get hooked, but if it was real money......I would have been a head case. John and Dea were there, and Dea came out in 3rd place.
This is my good friend Angela who works with me on running the Women's Programs for Racquetball here in the state. She, unfortunately, ruptured her achilles tendon a few weeks ago at a tournament and is out for the season.
Well, some day I will be killed for this, but I HAVE to post this. Peyton and I were in the hot tub hanging out on Saturday. Once I got out, she stayed in for awhile and after awhile, I started to notice she was "singing" and "performing".......and she was really into it. Unfortunately, there is no audio here, but it's still pretty entertaining. After a few moments, she really gets going. What really made me smile though was later, I was asking her about it and asked her what song she was singing. She said, "I was just making one up. It was called It is Peace and Holy on the Sabbath All Around the World". What a sweetie, but you'll see why I didn't think the topic was religion when I couldn't hear the lyrics. I was thinking a little more Pop tunes. (and yes, that is the thermometer she is holding for her microphone).

4 comments:

5Youngers said...

That is just adorable seeing Payton rock out and the fact that she is rocking a spiritual song. She is a doll.

daffodil lane said...

So adorable.

The Woolf Pack said...

That is the cutest video, Peyton cracks me up!

neecy said...

I had no idea your dad was a torch runner. That is so cool. I vividly remember when the torch came through Olympia - it was a highlight for me!